Founded in 2009, Dynamic Capital is an industry leader in equipment finance. We provide our clients unique funding solutions to grow their business, but we know that our team members are the key to our success! Our team comprises experienced, hardworking individuals with the industry knowledge to ensure our clients are taken care of no matter their situation. We strive to provide our team members with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall leadership of the Operations team and for ensuring optimal performance of business processes, policies, and systems across all departments
Major Job Functions:
- Provide results-driven strategic leadership and direction to the Operations Team, which includes credit, documentation support, audit, funding, and finance.
- Collaborate with all business areas, understand business requirements and issues, and lead the design, documentation and implementation of business processes that optimize efficiency and meet customer service standards.
- Lead the facilitation, configuration, implementation, documentation, communication, training and change management of system integrations and implementations.
- Review, develop and maintain internal policies to ensure adherence to internal customer service standards, regulatory and risk compliance.
- Provide thought leadership by analyzing internal data and performance against trends and best practices and translate them into pragmatic solutions.
- Deliver or exceed on your goals and objectives each year.
Competencies & Skills:
- Leadership: Coach and mentor to influence maximum team collaboration, effectiveness, and accountability with the team.
- Project Management: Effectively plan, facilitate, and lead projects that impact multiple business processes.
- Process Management: Working knowledge of proven business process methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Organizational Management: Achieve business objectives using the ability to plan, prioritize and organize in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication: articulate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal format, listening attentively and asking clarifying questions.
- Problem Solving: Use an organized and logical approach to analyze information and find solutions to complex problems and issues.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: work effectively (and remotely) with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve business results.
- Set clear boundaries and expectations for the Operational Team.
Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to the credit, funding, documentation support, auditing, and finance teams.
- Collaborate with team members and other departments to ensure overall business objectives are achieved.
- Provide guidance, recommendations, and training to develop team members to achieve optimal performance.
- Consistently drives for results, even under challenging circumstances.
- Ensures accountability of self and others to meet business commitments.
- Builds trust in the organization by building the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Takes action by accepting new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Continually review resource plan, assess and assign workload, recruit and onboard new staff and monitor team and individual performance/development.
- Encourages open communication, confronts difficult situations, sets boundaries, maintains objectivity, keeps emotions under control, uses negotiation skills to resolve conflict.
- Practices – “We do what we say we will do when we say we will do it.”
Process Optimization and Systems Integration
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to understand business needs and how they may impact the customer experience (i.e., workflow from sales to funding).
- Facilitate the review of existing and new processes and systems to ensure alignment to customer success strategy and programs.
- Use tools and techniques to map and document process workflows.
- Ensure the processes adhere to applicable risk, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ensure all relevant documentation (including training documents) are safely stored and easily accessible for all departments.
- Develop communication and change management plans to ensure effective roll-out and adoption of new or revised processes.
- Ensure accuracy, compliance and operational effectiveness of implemented changes and create process adjustments to drive business results.
- Continually look for opportunities to eliminate, simplify and automate processes by seeking feedback from stakeholders and understanding industry trends and best practices.
- Manage internal team and third-party vendor relationships during system implementation and integration projects.
- Conduct analysis, design, and participate in user story development to translate business needs into system improvements and prioritize initiatives based on business impact, budget, and ability to execute.
- Develop business test cases and fully responsible for testing and approving the technology improvements and solutions.
Policy Development and Management
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to develop and document policies and related procedures across all departments.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory and compliance requirements for related policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper documentation, maintenance and storage of all operating policies and procedures.
- Develop communication and change plans to ensure effective roll-out and adoption of new or revised policies and procedures.
- Manage client expectations, ensures delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback.
Operational Data Analysis
- Measure and analyze key business performance indicators and provide ad-hoc data to support business success.
- Manage customer service levels to ensure delivery meets expectations and adjust processes and policies to ensure continuous customer service improvement.
Communication and Change Management
- Responsible for driving change readiness to operational process, system and policy changes and determine impacts.
- Responsible for building change management and communication plans designed to influence or change behaviour positively.
- Responsible for developing clear and concise communication messages regarding operational changes, process, system, and policy changes and organizational announcements.
Education & Experience:
- Preference will be given to Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Operations Management, or other related disciplines
- 5 to 7 years experience leading teams (preferably remotely) through business process improvements, including facilitation, process design, implementation, change management and optimization.
- Experience in system integration and implementation, including working with key stakeholders to define requirements, testing, documentation, training and change management.
- Experience in commercial lending, equipment financing or financial sales is preferred.
- Proficient working knowledge of risk, regulatory and compliance requirements is preferred.
- A basic understanding of financial products or underwriting, or risk management is preferred.
Reporting & Organizational Structure:
Reports to: General Manager
- Sales Support Manager
- Compliance and Funding Manager
- Senior Sales Support Associate
- Sales Support Associate
- Junior Sales Support Associate
- Co-op Student
- Chief Risk Officer
- Chief Sales Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Work as required with all employees, leadership and other stakeholders.
- Fast-paced office/sales environment
- Reside in Kelowna or Calgary
- Remote-based working environment
- Working from home based on Covid-19 requirements.